Queen B

Thanks again for the lovely comments!

Wrapping up our topic of the week which is "Little Girls", a.k.a LGs... I thought I'd end off this discussion with an image I found the other day. This image is a screenshot I took from a video called "How heat score are you". From the other videos I've seen, the video usually ends off with a different girl that is nominated to be "LG of the Week." How it works is that random people can email the channel of potential girls that can be nominated for this title. Then, the Chengman, owner of the video will then choose the girl he thinks fits best. I'm guessing his requirements of the queen of LGs is along the lines of a girl who has caked makeup with false eyelashes, cleavage shot, juicy track suit and UGG boots. 

To be honest, I think this is the dumbest thing I have seen in a while. The fact that guys is spending their time on nonsense like this. First of all, it's unethical to be sending pictures of girls (who usually are their friends) to be nominated as "LG" of the week. It's not a compliment to be called one, that's for sure! It's even worse being called one on a mainstream social media website that is viewed across the world. Second, what gives guys the right to judge girls appearances. Girls may do it however they discuss it in private and amongst themselves. Unlike males who yell it across the hall and always comment on how LG the girl might be.








Imagine your face instead of hers. Your picture will automatically pop up when people search "LG of the Week" in the google search engine. Would you want to be seen like this? I know I wouldn't!

In the end, I think this all leads back to males. I'm not blaming the fault on males but I feel that a significant influence is caused by them. Girls dress and act a certain way so their peers can socially accept them. Majority of the time is to impress the boys. To avoid any negative effects on girls, guys can start by stopping with the name-calling and categorization of girls. It may seem like a joke and harmless, but honestly it can be hurtful.

That's the end of this topic of the week! Comment below for any suggestions of topics for next week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment